Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My first blog since 360 days

Hey World,


It's me. The sassy mouthed one. Did ya miss me? No ....ok it doesn't matter I'm going to speak anyway. I've been trying my darndest to keep myself busy with little projects to keep from going crazy. I will have been out of the work force for 8 months officially on November 2nd. That's too darn long. I am on my second round of unemployment benefits as well. Too darn long. In the past two weeks I have been on 3 interviews and did two different assessment tests. Failed the one I really truly wanted and passed the other one. How come (yes I did say how come) I'm not working yet? Why hasn't anyone called me? There used to be a time when if you were called for an interview..you automatically could assume you near about had the job. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So freaking frustrating. You know you have the skills yet they choose someone else. Why? Is it my looks? color? or size? I tend to think it's all three really but I'm not even going to get into that. 


Lately to make ends meet I have been baking for other people. Slow very slow business. It's kinda like people like what you cook, know you can cook but don't want to pay for it. Do they not realize a real cake cost you at the very least $15 to make it? It's homemade folks. If a person takes time, care and love to put into their food then you should want to show your gratitude. Instead I get a lot of so when you gonna invite me over? Ok that's not a problem but hey I don't always have it. Towards the first of the month I'm scrambling looking for food and ways to feed my family too. 


Well that's it for now. I know in these 8 months that I have been home I have found out I have different likes, sides of me that I am now venturing into and developing and guess what? I love it!! Until next time Smoochez!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back and I pray you find a job really soon! I understand the frustration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $15.. that's Cheap. My bff charges 25+ depending on the cake. But her business started off slow too but don't worry. The calls will really pick up during the holiday season.. Good Luck Lady.. Do you Ship?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you here. When I left the Ply, I left a lot of good bloggers behind. Welcome Back!

    I will put some prayers in for you Gee. I'm about to see what I can do on the baking end. Best of Success to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying you find something soon too. I know how it is, scraping to make sure everyone eats. I've had a lot of pbj's lately.

    I'm enjoying reading what new friends are writing and it was easy for me to share on 360, no one knew me. This time around, I'm sharing with people I've known all my life and that's HUGE for me.

    I look forward to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies thank you for sharing a part of your lives with me today. I first saw Kiwi's post, then Lisa's and it went on from there. If no one else ever tells you this...you've made an impact on me today. I thank you for being open enough to let the rest of us into your world.

    ReplyDelete